v0.5.4-3 2017-03-27 3.78 MiB
v0.5.4-3 2017-03-27 3.49 MiB
v0.5.4-3 2017-03-27 13.01 MiB
v0.5.4-3 2017-03-27 7.16 MiB
v0.5.4-3 2017-03-27 6.60 MiB
x42-eq (aka fil4.lv2) is a 4 band parametric equalizer with additional low & high shelfing and high & low-pass filters. The equalizer is designed to match equivalent analog gain with zero latency and no phase-shift when approaching the Nyquist frequency. It does not have a cramped response which is often the referred to as digital sound. x42-eq features built-in realtime spectrum and spectrogram (waterfall) displays, a user resettable peak-hold display and an output gain control.
- Click + drag on knob: up/left to increase, down/right to decrease
- Shift + click: reset to default
- Right-click on knob: toggle current value with default, 2nd click restore
- Right-click on button: temporarily toggle, until release
The Ctrl key allows for fine-grained control when dragging or using the mouse-wheel on a knob.
- Gain: 1dB (fine: 0.2dB)
- Frequency: 1/6 octave (fine: 1/24 octave)
- Bandwidth: 1/3 octave (fine: 15 steps for a ratio 1:2)
The dB-scale on the left side allows to vertically zoom the transfer-function and spectrum-display via click + drag from -12..+12 to -50..+50dB.
All switches and controls are internally smoothed, so they can be used live without any clicks or zipper noises. This should make this plugin a good candidate for use in systems that allow automation of plugin control ports, such as Ardour or Mixbus, or for stage use.
- Off: Do not display the spectrum
- Spec: Display a pink-noise (1/octave) weighted spectrum.
- Hist: Spectrogram display; history view (white dashed lines indicate change of settings)
- Pre: Analyze the input
- Post: Analyze the Processed Output.
The Stereo Variant has an option to analyze the sum (All) or Left or Right channel only. The gain knob allows to align the spectrum, see the scale on the right-side of the display.
- High: High Frequency Warping, increased resolution in the lower frequencies.
- Med: Medium Frequency Warping
- Bark: No Frequency Warping, emphasize high frequencies
- Rpd: Rapid falloff (~20ms)
- Fast: Fast falloff (~80ms)
- Mod: Moderate falloff time (~200ms)
- Slow: Slow falloff (~2sec)
- Ns.: Noise measurement (~20sec)
- Quality 0.0: -6dB at cutoff-freq (no feedback)
- Quality 0.7: -3dB at cutoff-freq
- Quality 1.0: 0dB at cutoff (resonant)
The high/low-shelf filters are standard 2nd order biquad/IIR filters.
High and Low pass are 2nd order resonant filters (-12dB/octave):
All filters are zero latency with correct equivalent analog gain at Nyquist (signal phase-shift at Nyquist frequency is zero).
fil4.lv2 is based on Fons Adriaensen's LADSPA fil-plugins. He was also very helpful to suggest constraints for the GUI. Kudos!